Peyton
A
thread 1/6
Imposter Syndrome a life long challenge. In the 90s I failed as a Graphic designer. Ended up as production manager at a digital print shop for 12 years. Moved to a five sided building IT/CyberSecurity for 12 years as a contr. Every year thinking how is this former copy kid in charge of all this.
03:29 PM - Dec 26, 2023
Peyton
A
thread 2/6
Now for the past 4 years gone from CISO to a director and now a chief product officer (former chief after buyout) and not sure if I should be in a higher position or tossed back to the Cyber team. But every once in a while something comes along and I can ride that boost for weeks.
Peyton
A
thread 3/6
A NIAP meeting with IT industry giants (Cisco, HP, Aruba, Dell, and others) we were reviewing draft controls for a new certification family. And another important approving Agency chimed in
“Well as Peyton always says…” they quoted me from a meeting 3 month prior. Quoted Me!!?
Peyton
A
thread 4/6
I was thinking I can ride this mental Hype for months, ask for a raise…. Three weeks later I haven’t asked for a raise, not sure if I’m good enough at my job. I need to do better. All doing better does is increase work and timeline expectations. Aargh
Peyton
A
thread 5/6
Then as someone is leaving one of our projects, I get given a challenge coin and a thanks. They are only $6, but they mean a lot, specially to a contractor. And it has a cipher on the back, such a nice touch.
Peyton
A
thread 6/6
And just like that I’m awesome again!!!
At least for a few weeks.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}