Andy Hawkins
A
#letstalkaboutmars
So who wants to talk about mars? I have so many questions about this whole idea of sending people to Mars like it's the answer to all our problems.
Why not save the planet we already have?
Who decides who gets to go?
Who pays for getting people there?
Join the conversation!
07:51 AM - Mar 05, 2023
BrilliantFuture
A
In response to Andy Hawkins.
Happy to chime in here! For let's tackle the first question since I see it often.

1. We do both! In fact many of the incredible technologies we have are in part due to Nasa.

The space program does an immense amount of R&D on creating tech that can help any planet, ours included of course.
08:19 AM - Mar 05, 2023 (Edited)
BrilliantFuture
A
one more comment on the 1st question, also we need a plan b, if something happens to this planet our species ends, that's it. We need to become multi-planetary.

We will do it to ourselves, look how we act or a celestial event of some sort from an asteroid to a gamma ray burst etc. It's a long list
In response to BrilliantFuture.
08:26 AM - Mar 05, 2023 (Edited)
Andy Hawkins
A
In response to BrilliantFuture.
My thinking on this is... scepticism, nothing about how we've managed this planet gives me hope that we'd do any better elsewhere.
08:46 PM - Mar 05, 2023
BrilliantFuture
A
In response to Andy Hawkins.
People can change, always remember that. Yes we've royally screwed up, there is no doubt about that but I really feel we will do better as we expand into space more.

Most people still just think in terms of Earth, not space. They do not realize how small we are and it limits perspective.
01:08 PM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}