B Saucy Now
A
thread 1/9
🧵- 1] Transitions. I replied to a person on Spoutible one day telling them that transitions in life are good whether you choose them or not. I have been in a transition for a bit now, as I left my paralegal position in ’22. I have made many transitions in my life. Time for another!
03:24 PM - Dec 27, 2023
B Saucy Now
A
thread 2/9
2] I have been trying to figure out what my next thing will be to earn a living. I worked remotely ‘15-‘22 other than attending civil jury trials. My skills are specialized, & did not want to continue with the same level of stress.
B Saucy Now
A
thread 3/9
3] A few years ago I thought it would be a good business to grow vanilla. A few dozen vine pieces were purchased & randomly placed on property to determine best locations for their growth. Then, doing what I know how to do, I began researching care, pollination, curing process, etc.
B Saucy Now
A
thread 4/9
4] Well, the vines grew, and some withered. I found a local person with knowledge and incorporated some things. I took remnants of withered ones & started new vines to grow the number I had. Last February I learned they bloom in Jan/Feb. It takes around 5 yrs on average for the vines to mature…
B Saucy Now
A
thread 5/9
5] to the point they will bloom. I stumbled upon one flower last year & did the pollination routine. I got a bean!!! Now the transition must begin in earnest. After assessing the status of the vines, I realized the hinky supports that were previously thrown together, needed a redo.
03:32 PM - Dec 27, 2023
B Saucy Now
A
thread 6/9
6] Well these vines are particular about being moved around. You can only do this within a day or two of a full moon. So, new supports were build in the last couple weeks using chain link fence parts. Today, we moved vines onto the supports.
03:40 PM - Dec 27, 2023
B Saucy Now
A
thread 7/9
7] One was so big and twisted up, we had to pivot the PVC and tie the whole shebang to the new support. Now, I must wait to do any more of this until blooming/pollinating is done. I am guessing that I will be able to move them while the beans are forming, but it’s all a crap shoot.
03:45 PM - Dec 27, 2023
B Saucy Now
A
thread 8/9
8] I have now officially jumped off the cliff into the next thing! Wish me luck. I have 8-9 months to figure out the curing process. Maybe I will have enough to sell by ‘25. 🤔
03:49 PM - Dec 27, 2023
B Saucy Now
A
thread 9/9
🧵 UPDATE - Pollination in progress!
Two flowers 🌺 🌺 opened in one day from the same bud site. Bonus Day!
I have continued my research, and learning processes. If all goes well, my crop for this year will provide more than I can use for myself. Not bad for a beginning. 🤓 #BuddingBeginnings
02:04 PM - Feb 25, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}