Angry Female
A
thread 1/3
I am struggling with my anger about how difficult life is here in the USA now. I have a friend who is a single mom with 3 kids and after her mother suddenly died of a heart attack, they were evicted from their apartment and she (thankfully) was able to move to a homeless shelter with her kids.
03:44 PM - Dec 27, 2023
Angry Female
A
thread 2/3
She was able to find a house to rent that is large enough for her family but has had to resort to "reaching out for help" with the costs of moving in. Of course I helped her BUT I AM FUCKING LIVID THAT IT HAS COME TO THIS.
SERIOUSLY
Angry Female
A
thread 3/3
We are the richest country in the world and we have been conditioned to accept this austerity and scarcity mindset as a legitimate way to function as a society. The reason xmas felt weird this year is because we are coming to the realization that it is fucked and it DOES NOT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY
John Luttermoser
A
In response to Angry Female.
I've had the thought that our political tribes can be defined as people who see scarcity vs. people who see abundance. Or, in other words, those who believe there is enough to go around, and those who don't. I'm convinced there's plenty. Tax the rich.
03:53 PM - Dec 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}