Jo she/her Thompson
A
I finished inventorying my books and am so excited to no longer wonder if I am buying a duplicate, wonder where a book is, keep post it notes of books lent out, start reading books I've already read, etc. My dork is hanging out, but I don't even care!
11:20 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
In response to Jo she/her Thompson.
Now I wish my local used bookstore would do the same. Thousands of books and to find out if they have one, you go from one end of the store to the other, bent over sideways! 😂
11:38 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Jo she/her Thompson
A
In response to Civil Canuck.
That's how my favorite store is too! They have about half of their stuff inventoried. The rest is up to you and your searching abilities.
11:41 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
Yours is even more chaotic, but, exactly. After the first time or two, no one wants to go back, unless specifically, to waste a week of life browsing and getting older. 😃📣 Just set up the spreadsheet and start already!
11:49 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Jo she/her Thompson
A
I was so lucky that I posted on here I was about to start a spreadsheet and was recommended an app! It scanned about half of my books and most of the rest were searchable. Made the inventory so much easier. Like I said, I'm an absolute dork lol
12:10 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
There's a season to dork and (probably) a season to not dork, though I don't know when that is. 😂

What app?
12:15 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Jo she/her Thompson
A
It's called Handy Library. The first 100 books are free and then for 8 bucks you can store unlimited titles. And they will transfer to another device if you save it to your Google (which it prompts you to do) so you won't lose it with a phone change.
12:17 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
Aahhh...sounds..HANDY. I don't have enough books to warrant it (minimized and digitized), but I'll mention it to the bookseller. Thnx. 👍️
12:21 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Jo she/her Thompson
A
Very welcome! Happy reading!
12:22 PM - Dec 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}