Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 1/10
*This is about dying, so depending on how you feel you may wish to avoid this thread.

This is personal, these are my feelings.

Please talk with a professional if you have overwhelming feelings on this subject.
10:39 AM - Dec 29, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 2/10
While I was at work yesterday I had a surprise visit from a long-time dear friend and past co-worker. We chatted briefly, I told her what had been going on this year in my life and then she told me she had been given the news that she had three months to live.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 3/10
I knew she was being treated for cancer. The last time I saw her she had been looking well and was making plans for future trips as she loved to travel.

It is difficult to know what to say to a person who tells you such heartbreaking news.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 4/10
You want to be strong for them, and you want to say the right things. Well, I don’t know if I said the right things, I said what was in my heart. First, a hug, because you need to connect in as many ways as possible with those you love.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 5/10
I asked her if it was to be an easy passing. She said yes. She also said she had everything in order and she was glad in many ways that she knew when she would die. She said she would miss most of all her grandchildren who are still fairly young. I told her I loved her.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 6/10
As I age I don’t hate much about aging, I find it all funny, how I cannot do the things I used to do, the sudden aches and pains and the pains I have always dealt with becoming a bit more bothersome.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 7/10
What I do hate is that those I have known for years are leaving me. I don’t want to be the last one. I also don’t want to cause pain for my family and friends.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 8/10
Everything living must die. That is a fact I have never shied away from and I have thought about death a lot. What comes after, if anything? What would be the best way to spend the remaining time if you knew when you would die?
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 9/10
There are many questions and it is a subject that most people don’t want to think about never mind talk about.

You make plans, you think you have time.

Never leave unsaid that which you would like to say.

The pain of loss is worth the love and good memories you gained.
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
thread 10/10
Discuss your demise with those you love, as hard as it may be, facing the fact of death can be helpful to everyone around you.

Seek counselling if you feel overwhelmed by grief.
B Saucy Now
A
Astute doctors say, “Believe the diagnosis, but not the prognosis.” Many ppl who are sent home to pass, soon, end up with many years of life still. AND this!

https://www.sciencealert.c...
In response to Carla Reid + Chilla.
01:00 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Carla Reid + Chilla
A
In response to B Saucy Now.
I know this to be true as well. My man's parents were given a short time and lived for 8 years. I am not sure of the quality of their life I was not there, my man took care of them for three years.
In this case, I believe my friend's time is indeed short.
02:34 PM - Dec 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}