Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/9
13 years ago today, the sister I cut out of my life (during one of the times I was trying so hard to just be her sister and have her like me),
emotionally abused me on Facebook in front of all the people who really cared about me, and harassed me for eating chocolate when I was too fat.
09:24 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/9
And when I stopped my friends from eviscerating her and told her that's definitely not how people who respect and care about each other act, she sent me a long ass Facebook DM saying she never liked me anyway and was tired of pretending.
09:26 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/9
It still took another solid decade to have her really, really out of my life. I have many good moments in my life I can go back, look upon, and live where I was when something happened. One of those moments is when I finally (figuratively) cut that bitch to tatters after mom died & closed the door.
09:28 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/9
A year after, when she knew for sure she'd never have me to kick around again, sent me what my friend Faith still refers to as a "Mad Libs" apology where she centered herself and blamed me for any issues we have.

I told her we have no issues. We have no relationship and there's no need to revisit.
09:31 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/9
She emailed me at an email I had forever because I had blocked all other aspects of communication. I told her I wouldn't bother to block my old email but there was no need to ever contact me again. We were both too old to pretend that our sisterhood was more than a coincidence of blood.
09:33 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 6/9
Being free of her is better than being out on parole. It's like the last day of parole. Everyday is the last day of parole. For 30 years she abused me, physically, psychologically, emotionally, financially, I don't think she ever had a kind word that wasn't a veiled insult. Never once.
09:35 PM - Dec 29, 2023 (Edited)
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 7/9
But now I'm free. Not only that, I don't have any fuckin family members coming at me with that "family is family" bullshit and how at the end of the day family is all you have. If that were truly the case for me, I would've been dead by 15.
09:37 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 8/9
Thank God it wasn't the case. And most of those family is everything people are dead and 1, knew family wasn't shit, and 2, had it reinforced to them repeatedly when the were no longer of use to said family. Should I say better them than me? That's probably true, but cruel. But truth hurts. Right?
09:39 PM - Dec 29, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Chocolate absolutely rules. It did then and does now.

I was kind enough to wish my sister a good life with her partner and children, and mean it. But I also told her I prayed no one ever treated anyone she claimed to love with a fraction of the cruelty she treated me with for decades.
In response to Puckarama.
09:44 PM - Dec 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}