Danalibrariana
A
thread 1/8
1) Tomorrow is Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere - the shortest day of the year. I'll celebrate Yule and thought I'd share some of the Pagan traditions I'll enjoy. Sometimes, Pagans are misunderstood or viewed as evil, so offering this is a way to boost understanding for those curious.
02:01 PM - Dec 20, 2023
Danalibrariana
A
thread 2/8
2) We'll gather with friends and burn a log in the fireplace. I'll light candles as a celebration the arrival of winter and the return of more daylight. Some believed fire kept away "evil" spirits, but I see it as a way to offer peace and comfort to any spirits who choose to join our merriment.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 3/8
3) I'll mix up batch of wassail (meaning be hale or be well) we'll drink and toast to each other's good health and well-being. I'll also offer snacks and gingerbread. https://smellslikedelish.com/winter-wassail/
Danalibrariana
A
thread 4/8
4) I see Yule as a time to reflect on the past year and set free what you no longer want to carry or what no longer works for you. I'll invite folks to write down those things on slips of paper and toss them in the fire to symbolize letting them go.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 5/8
5) I also see Yule as a time to set new intentions and express gratitude - kind of the ancestor of New Year's resolutions, but less strident. I invite folks to write those down to keep. These are personal rituals - no one is expected to share what they want to release or embrace.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 6/8
6) I have an animal tarot deck and will do readings if folks want them - strictly for fun - I always let them know it's not to be taken seriously. Any "message" they receive was likely sitting in their head and heart all along.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 7/8
7) Most of the evening will be about connecting and enjoying each other's company - talk, sharing of stories, remembering those gone before, games, food, drink, laughter. The most sinister or evil thing may be a hangover the next day if we over imbibe or if someone cheats at Scrabble.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 8/8
8) Pagan celebrations vary widely from person to person. Mine are rooted in teachings from my mother and grandmother and I've added my own personal flavor to them. Sending you all good wishes and warmth this Yule.
Mary
A
I have a moon oracle deck. We could do readings on each other. I'm having fun with it. I also have a rider tarot deck.
In response to Danalibrariana.
04:28 AM - Dec 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}