Mia DaCosta
A
I want to encourage everyone to learn to grow food or support someone who does. Our food system is incredibly fragile. Between climate change, habitat loss, pollution, big ag, food recalls, and corrupt governmental agencies, we're teetering on the edge everyday.
#growyourown #gardening #learntogro
03:43 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Todd Janson
A
In response to Mia DaCosta.
Getting started this year. In the middle of constructing the garden boxes and I have seeds for tomatoes, potatoes, onions, carrots, hot and sweet peppers, garlic, herbs, kale, spinach, peas, and strawberries on the way. I'm excited! It'll be something fun for my 3 year old to help with, too.
10:46 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Mia DaCosta
A
In response to Todd Janson.
Growing with littles isnso.mich fun. Prepare to be amazed when you see everything through his eyes.
12:07 AM - Mar 08, 2023
Karen LePage
A
My teenager and I picked this up over the winter. We don’t have a yard, but we have a roof.
01:42 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Jacqueline Church
A
#gardener raising a hand. Every spring I find seeds I forgot I saved. City girl so mostly flowers and herbs, in pots, on the "balcony" (AKA fire escape, SHh) I always have heirloom morning glory seeds, they are beautiful, prolific climbers, and love poor soil. Seed exchange anyone?
05:36 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Mia DaCosta
A
In response to Jacqueline Church.
Get in where you fit in. Have you tried to grow small lettuces? You can eat for a whole season from 3-6 plants. Look up "cut and come again." Currant tomatoes would also do well on your "balcony." They're prolific!
12:39 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
So I'm sitting here reading spouts & teaching my tutee how to cook halibut, & I initially read "habitat loss" as "halibut loss," & thought "when did halibut loss become a thing?" LOL
03:52 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Mia DaCosta
A
In response to Tony_Bell.
🤣🤣🤣
Then again, wait for it? 🤷🏽‍♀️
03:55 PM - Mar 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}