Christopher Bouzy
A
I think a lot of people have PTSD from years of experiencing abuse and harassment on other social media platforms. They are guarded and hesitant to interact here until they realize Spoutible is different. Even when people disagree, the replies are usually respectful. No "go hang yourself" here.
Terri Gilbert @tgilhou
Back when on the bird site, I had a mantra - Don’t read the comments. Here, reading the comments just fills my heart and gives me hope. Thanks @cbouzy
10:47 AM - Dec 31, 2023
11:07 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Kevin Hilbiber
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I recall when this was fresh and seemed funny. I have aspergers and love to engage trolls. Too bad we had to.
01:29 PM - Dec 31, 2023 (Edited)
Harry Kaufman
A
Have one Rule when replying to,, Depending on how one's rhetoric is constructed, IE: use of grammar and Word/s usage . May engage, if not, standard reply is OPINION wll Vary< and usually will!
12:52 PM - Dec 31, 2023
Harry Kaufman
A
In response to Harry Kaufman.
Will add A Confucius proverb ..“Humility is the solid foundation of all the virtues.” “Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.”
12:55 PM - Dec 31, 2023
Cyndi Brown
A
The trust is just gone. After tfg, xitter, and covid I'm still shell-shocked. For once, I feel that I'm not alone in that. And yet I still try.
12:04 PM - Dec 31, 2023
Ground Control
A
There's a few that refuses to get that memo but they are the (short-lived) exceptions here. The rest of us, Spoutible is synonymous with sanctuary.
11:39 AM - Dec 31, 2023
The Eternal Atheist
A
Though there is a prominent presence of hyper-vigilant people here who still seem used to arguing like it was “over there.” I hope over time we see more purposeful discussions, especially when people disagree. That can really affect change.
11:26 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Katie E
A
After a year I still have less than a 1000 people I follow and vice versa. I guess I'm not the only one.
11:20 AM - Dec 31, 2023
WestCoaster
A
It took quite some time before I was able to follow people here without first combing compulsively through their timeline to be sure they were not MAGAts or bots. So refreshing to be able to take people at face value! Thank you.
11:18 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Bob - Garden is Life
A
I've noticed there's a huge difference here in how unguarded folks can be, especially those from groups that are marginalized elsewhere. That's a big difference from other sites. I hope we can keep that level of safety up. Keep folks comfortable, because it's more fun and interesting that way.
11:18 AM - Dec 31, 2023
Karen Monroy
A
Whatever you are proud of concerning Spoutible, providing the opportunity for people to change their minds about fellow human beings should be up there!
11:10 AM - Dec 31, 2023
k hola (she/her)
A
Dare I say I’ve learned from my disagreements here. At the very least to disagree without hate. Thank you for this platform and your teams hard work
11:10 AM - Dec 31, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}