MEAction NOW
A
thread 1/5
COVID is surging again.
I’m here to speak from my ME experience: mild infections can lead to LongCovid, REST. Rest longer than you want to. Rest when it gets boring (it will). Rest when you think you’re recovered. After you’re stable for some time, ease back into life. 🧵
05:15 AM - Jan 01, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
thread 2/5
Try to access Paxlovid. My thoughts on this are here. If you can tolerate it, it’s the only FDA-approved antiviral.

Strong theory for LC is viral persistence and microclots. Ask your doc about risk for clots, and what options there are for that, should you be a candidate. Ask 👨🏼‍⚕️re metformin.
MEAction NOW
A
thread 3/5
Every single high-risk person should be prescribed Paxlovid to have on hand, for when they test positive for Covid.
MEAction NOW
A
thread 4/5
That brings me to sleep. It’s a big one. Insomnia is part of this, too. COVID affects the nervous system, thus, a risk for dysautonomia. If you’re not sleeping, you’re not healing. Do whatever you have to do to sleep.
MEAction NOW
A
thread 5/5
Main thing - really, just don't exert yourself, physically, mentally or emotionally. Certainly don't over exert yourself.
Ellee Koss
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
Eat citrus. Hydrate. Have honey often. Add ginger to your drinks. If you can get outside and soak up some sun. And yes REST.
08:38 AM - Jan 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}