Torchy Windrush Brown
A
But Jada Pinkett Smith didn’t hit Chris Rock. Her husband did. And I can’t help but notice that this special wasn’t filmed in Philadelphia, or in Bel Air, even. It was filmed in Baltimore...And once again, a woman catches brutally comedic strays. It’s depressingly predictable.
06:00 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Julie Brannon
A
In response to Torchy Windrush Brown.
Chris Rock is trash.
07:11 AM - Oct 15, 2023
CreoleGeeCee
B
I agree with most of the things Chris Rock said. I have no problem with his issues with Will or Jada. Chris Rock is a comedian and his little joke about Jada was not insulting, it was a joke. BTW, she is not really bald, bald people have shined scalps, not fuzz.
07:55 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Torchy Windrush Brown
A
In response to CreoleGeeCee.
Do you agree with his campaign of defaming her and other Black women for decades? That slap was after 30 years of talking dirt about Jada, because she wouldn't sleep with him.
08:06 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
I tried to watch Chris Rock's Netflix show from Baltimore. Rock has been an important voice for decades. I wanted to know what he thought and felt.

I turned it off after a few minutes. Everything he said was self-indulgent crap. I'm sorry, but I agree with @cbouzy Bouzy: I'm done with Chris Rock.
11:27 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Millicent Bolden
A
If Rock is the Emcee, I will not be watching the Oscars.
11:17 AM - Mar 06, 2023
natnewscot
A
This is a great article.
07:55 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Dimples Taylor
A
I give you Chris Rock!

https://mobile.twitter.com...
11:37 PM - Mar 05, 2023
The 3rd Corey
A
In response to Dimples Taylor.
I’d seen many references to this clip on #Twitter but had never seen it. So cringey. Just an awful word. Seinfeld’s comedy is so Cosby-esque, so “clean,” you could see how uncomfortable he was with this.

As if I didn’t hate Louis CK enough. Terrible. Chris Rock 👎🏼
07:53 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
There is a sceintology thread here nobody really picks up on. Jada was way into it, and many in that that ex-community say that Will's actions had a lot to do with scientology "tech".
08:36 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Robin Caulton
B
Was Chris wrong absolutely. Was Will wrong absolutely. That ruined the rest of the night for other award winners. It was also being produced by a black man, that was not a good look for him either, so this is not just about “Jada” IMO
07:15 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Licia
A
Chris has been bitching about Jada for about 27 years. She said no to him and he never got over it. If only Will had balled up his fist...
06:48 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Robert
A
In response to Licia.
I know you’re not continuing to encourage violence! Y’all odd. It was a lousy joke at best. Will was absolutely wrong for verbally and physically assaulting someone on a global telecast. Jokes have been made each year at award shows. It’s nothing new!
06:43 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Mia W
A
Definitely not a coincidence. It’s targeted harassment.
06:37 PM - Mar 05, 2023
kinsey cockman
A
Heard Baltimore is Jada's hometown. Jada did not do the slap, but sounds like she started it. Will was way out of line.
06:18 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Torchy Windrush Brown
A
In response to kinsey cockman.
Jada didn't start shit. Rock has been insulting Jada since the 1990s. Do your research next time.
06:32 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Nasty Woman
B
In response to kinsey cockman.
How did she start it exactly? Her marriage to Smith is none of his business but I suppose misogynist always look to blame women
03:44 AM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}