Lisa Hannon
A
thread 1/5
My mom's senior-living complex is showing the movie "Sound of Freedom" next week, and before I raise a ruckus, I'd like to be sure I know what I'm talking about.

First off, any movie about sex trafficking feels like questionable entertainment for a bunch of elderly people. My mom and friends
04:49 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 2/5
thought "Glass Onion" was "horrid" when they showed it, and didn't get the fuss about "Barbie," either. My sis and I have wondered why they don't show more movies which were popular back in the day.

More importantly is the feeling in my gut when one of the nurses described seeing "Sound of
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 3/5
Freedom" in the theater, in hushed tones as if it had blown the lid off a dark secret no-one else is talking about. I thought, "Oh, God, please don't let her be talking about a QAnon movie." But lead actor Jim Caviezel is all about that, right?
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 4/5
And Tim Ballard, the real-life guy it's based on, sounds like a hot dog with a lack of fastidiousness toward facts. Plus they want you to donate to their unknown organization to fight sex trafficking of minors, rather than something established like the National Center for Missing & Exploited
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 5/5
Children.

But what have you read/ heard? Am I on solid ground here?
TheQuietOne
A
Totally not appropriate. Everything you've heard about the movie is right. If they played that in my mom's assisted living community, I'd object not based on political beliefs but for content reasons. Some people with cognitive impairment don't differentiate fiction from reality and are upset by it.
In response to Lisa Hannon.
05:02 PM - Jan 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}