RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/10
Listen, here's a very simple thing. 2024 isn't the year to fuck around. Remember 8 years ago, fucking around got us Trump, and we found out. However, the snakes has come out of the woodwork to try to attempt it again. I do think that voters are better educated, and better aware to fall for it.
05:49 PM - Jan 01, 2024
A
thread 2/10
I will say however, that we must be careful in everything from here on out. Tunnel vision is how the GOP got people like Tricia Cotham into office to cause trouble. I wouldn't be surprised if Marc Elias files a suit against NC over their policies in the 4th Circuit.
A
thread 3/10
That being said, we have a lot of work to do. First thing, turn off the corporate news, and find indie sources that are up to snuff. Even then do your research because not all indie sources are created equal, and will cause trouble later.
A
thread 4/10
I have mentioned there are a great wealth of indie sources that are unafraid. The second thing we have to do is to...right now...sign up for GOTV work, including getting voters registered, and getting the word out for them to check their registrations.
A
thread 5/10
The GOP knows if everybody votes, they'll lose every time. From here it's very important that we help people out. This also means getting the Apathetic to vote. Next, is a big one...and that's education. Of course we can do a lot of the learning.
A
thread 6/10
What about Dems/Indies who believe the GOP's lies on crime and the Economy. That's easy enough to dispel and it's also to our advantage by constantly sharing the Dems/Indies successes. This also will get more and more fence sitters on our side, without inciting panic.
A
thread 7/10
Speaking of which this is my final point (I know there's more, but the thread will get overlong). Do not incite panic, or spread fear. Like I've said a couple of days ago, being vigilant means giving people the means by which to defeat evil.
A
thread 8/10
It does not mean to spread fear, panic, chaos, or discourse. In fact the doomsayers and the fear mongers are just as exhausting as the Eeyores who are absolutely defeatist. We have a lot of good headway to keeping the WH, and the Senate Blue, and returning the House Blue...
A
thread 9/10
We have a lot of work to starting from now. Are you willing to use your platforms to GOTV? If yes, then good for you. If you don't know where to start there's a ton of resources like ActBlue that can get you started. In all cases, don't sit this one our, or vote loser third party...
A
thread 10/10
Because we beat these guys before, and we can beat 'em again. This means not just on the federal seats, but also on the local/state seats as well, to end the fuckery.
Helen Grigaitis
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
🤞
01:53 PM - May 04, 2024
Maggie Burgess
A
YOU ARE SOOOOO RIGHT! Voting in local elections and voting ALL the way down the ballot
08:11 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Olden Stihlkul
A
The disinfo and mind games are already pounding wedges as deeply as possible.
08:02 PM - Jan 01, 2024
Jonathan Swainger
A
Gosh I’m hoping you’re correct. Best of the year moving forward together.
05:55 PM - Jan 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}