I am jo dontchaknow
A
thread 1/5
Route 27 is mine! Mine I tell you! Mine! Hehehehe - I just got a new assignment and a permanent route. Oh wait. I did not tell you all about my new adventure! A thread.

I have been unemployed for a while, most communication jobs which over the past year or two had been remote are now in office or
10:31 AM - Jan 02, 2024
I am jo dontchaknow
A
thread 2/5
At the least hybrid … so my location (east central Illinois) worked against me. I volunteered to be a Meta Peacekeeper at the local PrideFeat at the end of September and I was able to talk to a lot of the vendors. One of them was the local K-12 bus company. I had been driving Lyft but the gas, wear
I am jo dontchaknow
A
thread 3/5
And tear on my vehicle was too much. But I really liked the driving aspect of it. So - they were offering training pay, a sign on bonus, and they would cover the DMV expenses to get my CDL. I said, why not! So from Oct to just before we broke for the holidays I was able to learn how to drive
I am jo dontchaknow
A
thread 4/5
A school bus! I passed my test (including parallel parking the 40 ft bus! I only had four days of driving before the break, but just got the notice that instead of being a sub, I will be assigned a permanent route. So yeah, happy new year everyone! I’m driving the bus! And yes, I have my Ms. frizzle
I am jo dontchaknow
A
thread 5/5
Costume ready for next year.
Whoa!
A
In response to I am jo dontchaknow.
Just saw this. Congratulations!
09:54 AM - Feb 01, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
In response to I am jo dontchaknow.
Great news Jo!

It also explains your earlier post about driving a bus 😃
10:34 AM - Jan 02, 2024
I am jo dontchaknow
A
In response to Stewart Tan.
Thanks Stew! Hope all is well with you and yours - happy New Year!
10:38 AM - Jan 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}