Scott Gonzalez
A
Fellow #birders does anyone else plan on closing their eyes and avoiding windows until they are in a place with less common birds than their backyard?
Just me?!? Say it isn't just me. I hope you all have a phenomenal firat bird of 2024!
07:48 AM - Jan 01, 2024
Haruka
A
In response to Scott Gonzalez.
As we speak, I have one of those Cat TV videos on Youtube (I have no cat) just so that I can see birds. We aren’t allowed to put feeders out anymore, so they usually aren’t around long enough to get pictures of.
08:14 AM - Jan 01, 2024
Scott Gonzalez
A
In response to Haruka.
That sucks about not being able to put out feeders. Can you put out plants that attract birds?
12:30 AM - Jan 02, 2024
Haruka
A
We have a weigela that the hummingbirds probably like, but it’s at the wrong end of the house for viewing. I’d love to plant sunflowers for chickadees, but the raccoons would destroy them. 😓
08:14 AM - Jan 02, 2024
Scott Gonzalez
A
Oh jeez. I know hummingbirds here like lavender which can be grown many places. Honeysuckle has berries that multiple species here will eat. A bird bath might be an option too.
Sorry that you can't just put a feeder out.
In response to Haruka.
11:03 AM - Jan 02, 2024
Haruka
A
I’m definitely considering a birdbath. 👍 Our landlady had to lay down the law on everyone’s feeders because there have been rodents (we’re right by the woods, it’s inevitable.)
11:06 AM - Jan 02, 2024
Scott Gonzalez
A
In response to Haruka.
I get rodents here as well. It is a few and my fault for having a backyard with vegetation in the desert.
I understand the rule though. What about hummingbird feeders. I have not heard of those attracting rodents.
03:11 PM - Jan 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}