RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/10
Remember what I said yesterday. The way we're going to defeat GOP evil is to put the work in. This also goes into telling people claim "I'm not political" that their very lives are in the balance just the same and Evil is hyper political.
05:26 PM - Jan 02, 2024
A
thread 2/10
However I'm heartened that a lot of people are gearing up without being asked or prodded. The very first way to defeat the evil of the GOP is just to turn off the cable news. They repeat the same stories every day, and make breaking news a joke. There are some GOOD indie sources out there.
A
thread 3/10
Another way we're going to break the GOP evil is by calling it out every time we see it in any public forum. This is important because the corporate media won't do it. Also, this would make sure that people will remember what's at stake.
A
thread 4/10
This is very true with the J6 anniversary coming up this Saturday. That should be repeated, along with sharing the entirety of the J6 committee hearings from 2022 through this year. The trick here, however is not to spread panic and doom, but to tell even fence setters, the GOP has caused this.
A
thread 5/10
Thirdly how we will defeat this evil, is to do straight up education. Not just voter education, but general education. The GOP knows they want their people to be dumb and pliable to get them to stay home, or vote against their own interests. Education is a vaccine against ignorance and hate.
A
thread 6/10
Fourthly, and this is as huge one. Being accessible, and welcoming to those who just snapped out of the GOP/MAGA brainwashing. While there are some people who genuinely believe MAGA...there are people who were brainwashed to believe in MAGA.
A
thread 7/10
The people who snapped out of this, will be the first to give up the methods of the evil to defeat them. Also keep in mind that many of those who did wake up did leave the Republican party, but are not necessarily going to be Democratic. They could also be Indies aligning with the Democratic party.
A
thread 8/10
Finally, and this is very important, keep cool. Panic, doomsaying, defeatism, and slogans the GOP glom onto instantly is a death sentence. Doomsaying, doom posting, doom scrolling, etc is not the best way to get people on board with the Democratic agenda. The best way to do it is to keep cool.
A
thread 9/10
Also, remember the slogan "Defund the Police" cost us more seats than necessary in 2020, because the GOP were able to glom onto it, and play it as an Uno reverse card. As Reagan said it, "if you have to explain it, you're already losing."
A
thread 10/10
Are there a lot more out there we can use to defeat the GOP/MAGA evil...yes. Do we have a lot of work to do to vanquish this evil? Yes, we do. However, just like WWII when we beat Fascism in Europe, we can do it again here on our shores too. It can be done.
Fiona Mary
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Rob as a Canadian looking at US politics from here, I have to say that this gives me hope. Thank you for all you are doing, thank you, thank you.
05:34 PM - Jan 02, 2024
A
In response to Fiona Mary.
You're welcome. The same applies to the #Canadian Friends of Spoutible as well. Y'all don't need the Tories up there messing things up either.
06:55 PM - Jan 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}