Bryan
A
I think 2024 is the year that organizations understand there is more to social media than X and Facebook. Unfortunately they'll be playing catch-up as others have already discovered Mastodon, Bluesky, Threads, and even Spoutible.
11:01 AM - Jan 01, 2024
DJ Chuang
A
In response to Bryan.
I'm not so sure, organizations have seen Facebook and X being around for over a decade, and many are still unconvinced of social media's value; from my vantage point, corporations and organizations do not like the lack of control that decentralized social media avails to all
02:43 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Bryan
A
It can be argued that organizations have less control of their presence in a centralized system they do not control versus a decentralized system where they have the option to controlling/maintaining their own instance/server. A number governments in the EU are taking a look at ActivityPub now.
In response to DJ Chuang.
06:47 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Bryan
A
In response to Bryan.
@djchuang I agree with you many organizations are questioning if there is value to having a social media presence. I don't know the answer there. I always felt there were benefits for people to social network with people but thought it awkward for companies to social network with customers.
06:55 PM - Jan 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}