Lisa Hannon
A
thread 1/7
I appreciate everyone who weighed in on that stupid movie being shown at my mom's senior living place. I e-mailed them my concerns.
07:39 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 2/7
Response: "Thanks for your e-mail.

"The general rules I subscribe to when choosing movies are that we are showing movies to independent adults, and it’s our task to listen to recommendations,
04:41 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 3/7
"but also to give them information about content, ratings, length, etc. so they can make their own determinations about whether they’d like to go to the movie or not, just like I do personally before choosing a movie to attend at a theatre. We used to show mostly classic movies, and it became
04:49 PM - Jan 03, 2024 (Edited)
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 4/7
"obvious that when we changed to more current movies that they had better attendance, and residents appreciated the chance to see movies they had heard about in the media right here, even if they might be somewhat controversial, or contain mature content.

"Re: people with cognitive impairment,
04:51 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 5/7
"it is true that there is the possibility of people with cognitive impairment having trouble distinguishing between what is real and what isn’t, so we would not show this kind of movie at our memory care facility.
04:54 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 6/7
"However, residents who will see the movie are in Independent Living or Assisted Living - not Memory Care Assisted Living - so I don’t have that concern.

"This movie has been a request from several Independent Living residents since it first came out, and I don’t see a need to postpone it.
04:59 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Lisa Hannon
A
thread 7/7
"However, I am happy to have the staff member that will be here for the showing read some of the information you sent. I think it’s a good reminder and kind of a 'disclaimer' that we can share.

"Thanks for sharing your concerns. I very much appreciate your willingness to do so."
05:00 PM - Jan 03, 2024 (Edited)
Lissa Price
A
In response to Lisa Hannon.
Let us know what happens. This is such a poor choice.
08:44 PM - Jan 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}