My Flying Car 2020
A
My predictions of white folks' tendencies to obstruct, destruct, confound, and frustrate racial progress in ways that are predictable because my upbringing by Jim Crow era parents taught me "how they do" SHOULD BE obsolete. I should guess wrong and be ashamed of my pessimism. Yet here we are.
01:43 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Reginald Capers
A
In response to My Flying Car 2020.
You've said it all.
04:44 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
Pessimism about white people is realism.... Lies/denial have been a way of life since the 17th century here in north america.... it's time for white people & anyone actively participating in it to face the truth of white supremacy... confront & dismantle, repeat....this can be done with optimism.
04:33 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Dee Nelson
A
Not pessimism; refusing to be gaslit by "well-intentioned" 🙄 but complicit white ppl who aid and abet white supremacy by inaction and refusing to confront their own internalized racism.

Similarly, alcoholics don't get better if they don't confront their alcoholism. They'll keep hurting people.
02:36 PM - Jan 03, 2024
PS Annie
A
Sadly, you pessimism seems more like realism to me. My skinfolk are an unreliable lot. When is comes to matters of race (and other forms bigotry), I expect the worst and hope to be surprised.
02:17 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Sheilah Hayden
A
As a literal child of integration, this damn truth really pisses me off. I had high hopes!
02:00 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Yvette
A
I’m saddened & disappointed that racism is still an issue. I had hoped we had learned something as a Country. The Trump fiasco showed me how RACIST and MISOGYNISTIC the United States still is. I wonder if we’ll ever have true racial equality? We can’t even pass the ERA! 🙄🤦‍♀️
01:55 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Dee Nelson
A
In response to Yvette.
Dear fellow white lady, we as white ppl have never had a full reckoning with ourselves, our history and our culture. We lied to ourselves that the civil rights advances and voting for Obama fixed things.

ALL of us need to confront our own and others' racism daily. It's not just "those people".

1/
02:42 PM - Jan 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}