_++ __X
A
The downside to getting a fancy new 4K TV is that now I need to get some more 4K Blu-rays
04:10 PM - Jan 02, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to _++ __X.
I got a fancy 4K TV a few years back but never ended up getting a 4K blu-ray player... interested in what hardware you are using.
04:18 PM - Jan 02, 2024
_++ __X
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
I bought a PS5 for gaming but it can also play 4K Blu-rays. I had 4K copy of John Wick 2 that I tried out yesterday and it looked pretty impressive! I don't know how it compares to other Blu-ray players, but it seemed decent to me!
03:12 PM - Jan 03, 2024
Jonathan Meyers
A
In response to _++ __X.
Awesome... I wanted a set-up like that-- I got a PS4 years ago for the blu-ray player and thought I would eventually get a PS5 but just don't have the time to game like I used to. I have yet to see a 4k blu-ray on my screen... I'm never sure if streaming 4k is truly 4k...
03:45 PM - Jan 03, 2024
_++ __X
A
In response to Jonathan Meyers.
I think streaming video is pretty heavily compressed. I don't think I've streamed anything in 4K yet, but regular Blu-rays are so much better than HD streaming. The thing that's easiest to notice is the audio. The audio is so much clearer and richer when played off a disc. A friend ...
05:23 PM - Jan 03, 2024
_++ __X
A
A friend was telling me how much better 4K Blu-rays were than streaming, so much so that he's much more motivated to get things on disc. I think I own at least one movie on 4K streaming so I might check that out again and see how it compares to the 4K Blu-rays I have.
In response to _++ __X.
05:26 PM - Jan 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}