Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/2
I'm posting too much about politics and I like balance. Lessee. My caramelized onions from dinner last night.

Love my cast iron. I have a cast iron Iwachu Japanese omelet pan and I make the fluffiest omelets with it without adding anything to the eggs.
12:32 PM - Jan 04, 2024 (Edited)
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/2
Here's a hot tip. If you have somebody over for dinner and want the house to smell heavenly when they come in, just caramelize some onions on the side, even if they're not in the recipe. Add a bit of thyme for bonus points.
12:45 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
A properly seasoned iron skillet is a joy. I have an induction range and the combination is just heaven. The heat control is just perfect and it doesn't take long to warm up.
In response to Mary Anastasi.
12:41 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Mary Anastasi
A
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
Oooh! Remodeling 30yo kitchen & have bought an induction cooktop. I love hearing this! Any other induction cooking tips are welcome.
03:11 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to Mary Anastasi.
The only thing I know with cast iron is that you don't want to blast a cold skillet with max power. Some cooktops are 50A service and have the super-duper power burner. You can crack a skillet with aggressive inductive heating. I always start at medium and go from there. Otherwise...
03:17 PM - Jan 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}