Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/4
This is a subspout

Lots of talk about blocking doom posters who might say something like "Biden's polls suck and he might lose." I encourage folks to be careful about this. The power of doom posting is that others pick up on it and earnestly make their own doom posts even if it really isn't their
01:40 PM - Jan 04, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/4
core intent. My approach is to gently try to educate and make counterpoints, especially with respect to poll numbers. If they continue or start to bark about being "a lifelong democrat, but I don't know any more," then I go straight to blocking. When dealing with somebody who
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/4
might post some doom and gloom without really thinking it through, I think there's a danger in jumping on them as a doom poster. I encourage folks to give one mulligan to a "Biden's toast" post, especially if it reads as an earnest post.
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 4/4
Epilogue: I'll counterpoint my suggestion for tolerance with the fact that I fully expect doom posting astroturfing as we get into 2024 and Spoutible continues to grow. Pulling Biden votes is one of the only levers available to MAGA/Russia. I suspect we'll all be blocking more this summer.
01:48 PM - Jan 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}