MEAction NOW
A
#EdYong writes about: One of Long COVID’s Most Misunderstood Symptoms: Brain Fog

#BrainFog

Understanding the toll #Covid19 infection takes on the brain and what it means for people in their day to day lives.

An article that's still very valid as more and more people continue to catch #COVID
01:09 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Margaret ♿
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
I wouldn't even call what I have fog, it's intense cognitive fatigue and memory loss. Fog implies you can see through it, with this you just can't. If you push, the blowback is intense and takes weeks to recover from.
09:59 AM - Mar 06, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Margaret ♿.
Yes, brain fog isn't a name that's apt, but Ed Yong used it because most patients were using that term - he explains quite well how serious it is though...
Sorry you're going through that. As a pwME I empathize with you. Mine did get better after some years.
01:59 PM - Mar 06, 2023
ML Hart
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
Yes, #BrainFog is the worst, even more than (for me, anyway) the physical symptoms of #LOngCOVID . For nearly 2 years, I lost the ability to concentrate, couldn't read more than 5 minutes at a time, couldn't watch a movie. All my creative projects pushed aside.
Improvements w/ 1st vax, then boosters
03:45 AM - Mar 06, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to ML Hart.
So sorry you're going through that. I'm glad you've seen some improvement after getting vaccinated.
Hopefully, science will be able to solve things soon... There are millions waiting; #LOngCOVID and #MECFS patients.
04:02 AM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}