Zeketayler
A
Countdown until MAGA fascists start posting videos of them shooting these coins on firing ranges.
09:10 AM - Jan 05, 2024
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
In response to Zeketayler.
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Harriet Tubman supposed to replace Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill? That's the change I want to see. A commemorative coin is an insult, IMO, and very few people will actually see these.
09:15 AM - Jan 05, 2024
Zeketayler
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
Not sure but I agree with you.
09:16 AM - Jan 05, 2024
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
The article actually mentions this: The Biden administration announced in January 2021 that it would resume efforts to redesign the $20 bill to feature Tubman, saying they were "exploring ways to speed up that effort."
09:18 AM - Jan 05, 2024
Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
So pretty much everyone. And while Lincoln did not enslave people himself he didn’t believe Black people should have the same rights as white people. Both Franklin and Hamilton were enslavers at some point in their lives.
09:31 AM - Jan 05, 2024
Evolve Undefined
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
We’ve never faced the cold hard fact that our nation was founded by white men who wanted the freedom to hoard wealth, land and enslaved people. They didn’t want a king but they did want money and they weren’t thinking about much more than themselves.
09:37 AM - Jan 05, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}