Cosmo 3807
A
thread 1/5
I spent 6 hours in the ER waiting room yesterday. I took my sister there from her doctor's appointment. Doctor's orders. She hadn't been taking her Parkinson's medicine and was paying the price.
It was a very sad experience to sit & sit & sit with 20 or so other people who were miserable and/or in
09:58 AM - Jan 05, 2024
Cosmo 3807
A
thread 2/5
pain. My sister wanted to go home. A woman with Alzheimer's sitting behind us did as well shouting, "I want to go the fuck home!". Her husband sat patiently beside her. Finally at 8pm my sister was called to be seen. Not long after she was admitted. When I left around 9pm I saw the husband leaving
Cosmo 3807
A
thread 3/5
as well. Normally shy, I asked, "Are they keeping your girl?" He explained that they were hoping to find a facility for her where they could possibly adjust her meds bc she had become violent. He thanked me for being patient with her as others were not.
Cosmo 3807
A
thread 4/5
Suddenly defiant he said, "I'm not putting her in a damn nursing home!" and tears filled his eyes. Seeing that, MY eyes filled with tears and I touched his shoulder & said of course he didn't have to do that. We walked to the parking lot complaining about the long wait in the chilly ER.
Cosmo 3807
A
thread 5/5
I've said all this to say it was a special moment for me and I'm glad I reached out to him. Everyone needs a pat on the shoulder sometimes. I hope I made him feel a little better. I know I felt a little better after a long trying day.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}