Sabine Savvidis
A
It’s easy to rationalize NOT doing the right thing, to just go along about your life.
Many people in Nazi Germany just went along. And not because they were evil. But because it was not in their short term interest to do anything about the madness happening around them.
02:18 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Lady Somethingorother
B
In response to Sabine Savvidis.
Oh, I thought you were talking about Biden and Gaza and the genocide happening there which we are complicit in. But no, we just ignore all of that on this site. Got it: Yay, Biden and Boo, Trump.
12:04 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Blackity Black
A
Flinging the topic of complicity to a far away land like Germany might help people who can’t seem to understand how their silence here in America is telling of their character…
03:35 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Blackity Black.
I'm not even saying Trump is like Hitler, because he's not. He's Trump. But the lesson about human nature is what is important. "Why should I put my neck on the line? What difference can one person make? It won't affect me personally."
03:42 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
many german citizens were frightened at what they saw their not majority elected government was doing. every action they could have taken was now illegal & punishable by imprisonment in brand spanking new concentration (soon to be death) camp. very few people-german or otherwise-will risk
02:24 PM - Jan 06, 2024 (Edited)
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
their lives & families for a greater good. a few do & will, but they’re few and far between. if trump is elected in november, i doubt i will continue writing postcards to voters. the organizers of these nationwide efforts may well be arrested for non loyalty to the govt. and if they are,
02:28 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Sabine Savvidis
A
In response to Barbara Edelman.
Yes, that part, too. But I had many conversations with my parents and grandparents about this. Many of them just wanted to go on with their lives and were surprisingly apolitical.
02:30 PM - Jan 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}