Babs
A
A win in a win, but I'm not happy with it. Hunter Dickinson is tall, yes, but he plays lazy. There I said it. And that last fake injury was just embarrassing. I don't want to be that team! I love my #jayhawks always and I don't criticize often, but toughen the fuck up! #rockchalk
04:25 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Brent Shepherd
A
I think Dickinson has a big man’s fear of foul trouble that holds him back from being fully dominant in the post.
In response to Babs.
07:05 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Babs
A
In response to Brent Shepherd.
Speaking of hustle and energy, I have loved watching KJ this year! Despite everything, he is the heart of this team. Dajuan and Kevin are great team players too.
07:43 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Brent Shepherd
A
In response to Babs.
I loved watching KJ last year too. It's to Bill Self's credit that he has never tried to turn KJ into something else or introduce some new aspect to his game but rather sees the value in the thing(s) KJ does best and leaves him alone to do them.
11:13 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Babs
A
In response to Brent Shepherd.
Possible. I just wish he would put a little more hustle in his game. I'd rather see him foul than just stand there. He's good, just needs to step it up a bit. I hoped Bill would do a Withey and make him run bleachers for his lackluster efforts, but doesn't look like that's happening.
07:40 PM - Jan 06, 2024
Brent Shepherd
A
In response to Babs.
I point to Withey as the example I'd like to see him emulate on defense. If Dickinson could be trained to block shots like a volleyball player — as Withey did, going straight up as if he were at the net — he'd immediately be more effective than he is now and possibly draw more charging fouls.
11:00 PM - Jan 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}