Steve Marmel
A
Agree w/ @PamKeithFL . The question is how?
* DM groups (don't exist)
* Hashtags like Demcast?

We need leaders to turn our 🐳 community into IRL action. That means some sort of heirarchy.

We have a great community. How do we activate it?
Pamela Keith @PamKeithFL
It is CRITICALLY important that we build up this platform before the thick of the 2024 election cycle, because Musk bought twitter for the express purpose of controlling the news then.

Expect him to use Twitter to spread lies and help the GOP.

We can’t wait until then to build this thing.
06:10 PM - Feb 23, 2023
11:24 AM - Mar 06, 2023
MsFahrenheit
A
In response to Steve Marmel.
Democracy; we need democracy.
01:08 PM - Mar 07, 2023
DJohnRowinski
A
As this site is not driven by algorithms we'll need to be inventive but that usually creates a better way
Currently scrubbing a floor
I'll give this thought as the water dries
Also gonna use this picture to motivate me to write every morning
11:58 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Steve Marmel
A
It's also a question for @cbouzy (respectfully). Things like secure group DMs allowed many people to do everything from elevating hashtags, raise money and find people to go door to door.

There's work to do in 2023. It's a good time to test run how to use #Spoutible for 2024.
11:34 AM - Mar 06, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
I've had the same thoughts. My understanding is that some of the DemCast members have migrated over but not all. We need more of them here.

That aside, how do we inspire more #Spoutible members to become actively involved? There is so much potential here.
11:30 AM - Mar 06, 2023
(laura) elsen
A
I've been thinking about this too. All this online hand wringing has become action at some point. Perhaps pods will help since you could break out into groups by state/municipality to target actionable interests rather than spouting into the ether and hoping the relevant folks see it?
11:30 AM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}