Ariaa Jaeger
A
This is genius Albert Einstein who refused to speak at white colleges and at the end of his life spoke exclusively at black universities
"The separation of races is not a disease of colored people but a disease of white people. I do not intend to be quiet about it."
04:47 PM - Mar 05, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
Well, damn. I didn't know that Albert Einstein was so race-conscious.

Why didn't I know that? I'm a science geek who loves history. I have a degree in math and physics. Should've known.

But I'm White and educated mostly in Virginia. Half a lifetime ago, and it's still holding me back.
In response to Ariaa Jaeger.
11:35 AM - Mar 06, 2023
QueensLan
A
In response to Nathan Standing.
I was educated in ultra liberal New England and never knew it. It was many years before I ever heard our former governor, Dukakis, was the only one who would use his barber skills for Black students in town. The "system" is widespread.
01:15 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
In response to QueensLan.
I see two systems of ignorance at work. The first was when the people we trusted lied and covered up their sins and the sins of their fathers.

The second, more modern version pretends the first never happened even as it instantiates the entire racist, sexist propaganda machine.
10:44 AM - Mar 24, 2023
Chris Kenyon
A
How is it holding you back?
08:49 AM - Mar 18, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
In response to Chris Kenyon.
How does my southern white-boy education hold me back?

Not knowing about important racial history makes it much easier for me to make dumb decisions that don't match the real world. Ignorance is frequently harmful.
11:20 AM - Mar 18, 2023
Ariaa Jaeger
A
Many didn't know. I originally posted this a few years ago on Twitter and it went viral with many celebs, scientists and others so surprised. I love history especially the feel good kind!
02:10 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Nathan Standing
A
In response to Ariaa Jaeger.
For me, it's an abject lesson in how damaging DeSantis-style censorship will be if we allow it.
02:16 PM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}