Michael Freeman
A
Pretty obvious at this point, that all the foot dragging and incremental support for Ukraine was NOT due to fears of escalation from the very overrated soviet military, or their empty threats to use nuclear weapons.

IMO, it was all about protecting the financial interests of major corporations.
Anton Brakhage @Anton_Brakhage
Jesus Christ.

For once, at least, it doesn't seem to be due simply to Western countries dragging their feet on aid, but due to, but to lack of sufficient infrastructure and training yet in Ukraine to use them.

Be nice if we'd got that ball rolling earlier, wouldn't it?
#F16s #SlavaUkrainii
07:53 AM - Jan 07, 2024
09:02 AM - Jan 07, 2024
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
1/3 That doesn't quite track, to me- a lot of big corporations pulled out of Russia, and the arms industry would actually benefit from sending more aid to Ukraine.
08:22 PM - Jan 07, 2024 (Edited)
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
2/3 I think it's probably down to a few factors. Fear of nuclear escalation is one- even if its a small risk, the consequences would be so catastrophic that it makes sane people think twice.

A lot of it is due to Putin controlling a lot of politicians, especially on the Right, in Western countries.
08:23 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Michael Freeman
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
I hear you. But I tend to look at what's likely happening out of plain view. The "nuclear" fear is an easy one. No one wants nuclear war because it's a planet killer. That includes Putin. Never happen.

Did lot of companies "pull out of Russia"? Explain westernized Russian missiles and "sanctions".
09:15 PM - Jan 07, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}