Matt Ward
A
thread 1/7
Part 1) I took part in the Roche GENERATION-HD1 clinical trial evaluating the efficacy of the huntingtin-lowering drug, tominersen, for patients with Huntingtons Disease. After the trial had concluded, I found out that I was on the active drug (rather than the placebo).
04:32 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Matt Ward
A
thread 2/7
Part 2) I'm not surprised as I really felt that my HD symptoms have improved considerably while on (and since) the trial. I still feel in great shape, despite my participation in the trial having finished in July 2021. There is a new trial underway with tominersen called GENERATION-HD2.
04:34 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Matt Ward
A
thread 3/7
I'm not surprised as I really felt that my HD symptoms have improved considerably while on (and since) the trial. I still feel in great shape, despite my participation in the trial having finished in July 2021.
04:35 PM - Jan 07, 2024 (Edited)
Matt Ward
A
thread 4/7
Part 4) There is a new trial underway with tominersen called GENERATION-HD2. which you can read about in the link below to the HDBuzz article #HDWarriors https://en.hdbuzz.net/354
04:37 PM - Jan 07, 2024
Matt Ward
A
thread 5/7
1) Today I was in London at the Royal Hospital for Integrated Medicine, Great Ormond Street. I had my regular, annual, Enroll-HD clinical research appointment.
07:24 PM - Jan 09, 2024 (Edited)
Matt Ward
A
thread 6/7
2) In addition to being a long-running Huntington’s Disease observational study, Enroll-HD is also a handy resource for HD researchers to help them identify HD patients that might be suitable for any HD research studies and/or clinical trials that they might be designing.
07:25 PM - Jan 09, 2024
Matt Ward
A
thread 7/7
3) I'd definitely recommend signing up for Enroll-HD if you are in a HD family and would like to be considered for future studies. You can find more info here: https://www.enroll-hd.org/
07:26 PM - Jan 09, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}