Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
thread 1/7
The 31st Camerimage Film Festival has just finished, and I’ve managed to see eight films. My only regret is that I wasn’t able to secure a ticket for the “Napoleon” screening, even though I hunted for it from the very second the reservations became available.
03:35 PM - Nov 21, 2023
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
thread 2/7
Ah, well, I’ll just wait these few days for the wide release.
What did I see? On Sunday, the truly moving “Monster” and the masterful “Poor Things”.
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
thread 3/7
On Monday, “Maestro” (I guess I will never like Bradley Cooper as a screenwriter, but I think I might like him as a director) and the sublime “Saltburn”. On Tuesday, “Dream Scenario”, which further convinced me that I am unable to appreciate Nicolas Cage’s acting — well, sorry, I guess.
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
thread 4/7
On Wednesday, “Society of the Snow” by J.A. Bayona — in my view the best film of this year’s festival. Make sure to watch it when it becomes available on Netflix and forget about the Hollywood version of the same story, which was done in “Alive”.
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
thread 5/7
On Thursday, “Ferrari”, which disappoints with its uninteresting main character (what’s even worse: uninterestingly played by Adam Driver). But it does have Penélope Cruz, whose role is amazing as usual.
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
thread 6/7
Finally, on Friday, “Priscilla”, which does a fantastic job of not only telling the story of Priscilla and Elvis but is also a valuable and relevant commentary on grooming.
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
thread 7/7
I really want to write even more about each of the films, so keep your fingers crossed for me not losing the enthusiasm (and finding time) to do this. Meanwhile, I’m eagerly waiting for the next Camerimage and I hope they will be as good as this one.
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
It was really fantastic, and I even got out of my comfort zone and asked him a question about the film’s brilliant score, which he answered in great detail.
In response to Claudia D.
12:05 PM - Jan 08, 2024
Claudia D
A
In response to Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz.
so jealous!! I need to take a second look at the score though!
12:28 PM - Jan 08, 2024
Krzysiek Maja Bożejewicz
A
In response to Claudia D.
As a Michael Giacchino fan, I really love it because it’s so delicate and beautiful, and it always serves the story in the best possible way. Bayona also talked how it uses some Uruguayan percussion instruments, to bring out the primal element of the events, which I found really interesting.
02:39 PM - Jan 08, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}