Dennis A
A
"On Friday, GOP lawmakers submitted SB254, which allows the state to seize custody of children when they 'at risk' or 'being subjected' to gender-affirming medical care, including from families where the child at question may reside outside of Florida."
02:29 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Dennis A.
We need to start organizing support and funding to help trans people and allies relocate from Florida

The passage of this bill is also the point where I start lobbying for prosecution of the Florida state government for crimes against humanity-and Federal troops in Florida to enforce it, if need be
09:22 PM - Apr 01, 2023 (Edited)
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Dennis A.
This is an abomination. Its also genocide.

Seizing children of a marginalized group to be indoctrinated by the dominant group is genocide. it was genocide when the US and Canada did it to indigenous children. Its genocide when Putin does (and earned him an ICC warrant). And its genocide here.
09:18 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Patches Emerson
A
In response to Dennis A.
There has been talk of CPS stealing children for years. Nobody I know can prove they aren't so this is just another attempt to steal kids it seems .... and they think gays & trans people are immoral???
07:25 PM - Mar 06, 2023
J W
A
In response to Dennis A.
So much for parental rights. You only have rights if you believe what they believe.
06:41 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Devil InDisguise
A
In response to Dennis A.
#FloriDUH of course!
06:36 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Amanda Teagle
A
In response to Dennis A.
I think it goes even further, "Alejandra Caraballo, a former staff attorney at the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund, argued on Twitter that SB254 would empower anti-trans family members to seize children from potentially more supportive environments and find safe haven in Florida."
05:29 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Amanda Teagle
A
In response to Amanda Teagle.
Sp hypothetically, they could come to NY, steal their kid from rightful custodian and go to FL if the kid is in any way supported in their decisions about LGBTQ identitis.
05:30 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Shelby Kent-Stewart
A
In response to Dennis A.
This is contemptible. The same party that ignores children slaughtered in their classrooms wants to further traumatize trans-kids by threatening to rip them from their families, the only love, support, and security they know.

These homophobic hacks have to go.
05:25 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Hedy Lamarr
B
In response to Shelby Kent-Stewart.
I'm so sickened by the GOP's hate of every group that aren't straight, White men.

Their fascism is tearing the country apart & I'm not sure if the majority of Americans are aware of it.

BTW- great to see you here, Shelby!
05:39 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Dianne
A
In response to Dennis A.
Sounds like kidnapping to me. I really don't understand people who think DeSantis is less dangerous than Trump.
05:24 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Mea Cadwell
A
In response to Dianne.
When he's more dangerous than tRump. DeathSantis is smarter than tRump and, him being the way he is, makes him that much more dangerous.

I wish a sinkhole would just open up under DeathSantis.
01:37 AM - Apr 02, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Dennis A.
Thing is, kids aren't ever being 'subjected' to such care, they are actually being supported, but they are the ones who WANT IT.
THE GOP MONSTERS ARE AT IT, AGAIN.
05:06 PM - Mar 06, 2023
erika
A
In response to Dennis A.
MONSTERS
05:03 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Mea Cadwell
A
In response to Dennis A.
This is highly illegal. It will definitely harm Florida tourism. Can you imagine the problems if a trans child from another country were forcibly taken from their parents? And, if it can't be done with a child from another country then it's even more discriminatory for trans kids here.
05:03 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Mea Cadwell.
If I were the governor of a blue state, and Florida seized a child from my state from their parents for being trans, I would issue an arrest warrant for DeSantis for kidnapping.

Let's see if any Dem. governor actually has the backbone to do that.
09:31 PM - Apr 01, 2023
Jasmine DuBois
A
In response to Dennis A.
When will it end?
05:01 PM - Mar 06, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Jasmine DuBois.
The world saw where it ends in 1945.
09:30 PM - Apr 01, 2023
JillianNY
A
In response to Dennis A.
This is insane, inhumane, and genuinely awful.
04:46 PM - Mar 06, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}