gdavidbrown
A
If you had read the thread you would have seen that I did not make any "ableist" jokes. I did not make fun of or attack anyone. This is the sort of post that is making Spoutible look like X.

'
Adele Not the singer @WineandBirdseed
This is the guy with the ableist “jokes”
That poor poor man! He was gently corrected and is Still whining about it.
Some people just don’t learn
11:16 AM - Jan 08, 2024
11:25 AM - Jan 08, 2024
StDunstan
A
In response to gdavidbrown.
I had a few people take issue with me mentioning Trump's substance abuse induced incontinence. I have compassion for their own issue, but I wasn't attacking them. My comment was regarding Trump's narcissistic pompacity despite his well known addictive habits and other failures.
11:31 AM - Jan 08, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
In response to StDunstan.
-nods- I witnessed that. You were right. If you can tolerate it, don't back down when the bullies gather and attack you.
11:36 AM - Jan 08, 2024
StDunstan
A
Thank you for the support. I've muted a couple of them, blocked the one who wasn't happy with my apology, and I took down the offensive post because of the lack of clarity. The thread in it's entirety wasn't making fun of incontinence, it was entirely directed at Trump's irrational behavior.
11:40 AM - Jan 08, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
I agree. :-) Yes, I was thinking of the future when I spoke of reporting.
11:46 AM - Jan 08, 2024
StDunstan
A
I got called an a.. and a Trump hater. I was just warming up to turn ableism into something resembling pulled pork.
09:24 PM - Jan 09, 2024 (Edited)
Peggy Stuart #FirstWave
A
Since when is being called a "Trump hater" a bad thing?
01:54 PM - Jan 10, 2024
StDunstan
A
In response to Peggy Stuart #FirstWave.
I share your viewpoint. I feel pity for the people who admire trump, though it may be due to early childhood abuse or trauma. Their inability to trust kind people and value psychopaths instead is just sad.
02:05 PM - Jan 10, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
"Ableism" has been on my mind since our bludgeoning. Does mental illness qualify for protection if the afflicted individual is running for POTUS and has millions of followers who think he/she is a divine being?
10:04 AM - Jan 10, 2024
StDunstan
A
I've got the name of the person who resorted to petty name-calling. She styles herself a faith based writer. Christ and Trump. Not much of a judge of character, in my opinion. PM or just post? OTOH, I'm going to leave her blocked and have no intention of any further interaction. Life is short.
01:50 PM - Jan 10, 2024 (Edited)
shadeygreyskies
A
It's really not that complicated.

You can ridicule the man for his actions and for what he says, but labeling his choices as the result of mental illness

doesn't affect him.

It makes mental illness the linchpin of the joke.

And that makes the folx with real mental illnesses the ones affected.
02:49 PM - Jan 10, 2024 (Edited)
gdavidbrown
A
That is unusual in my experience here. If there is anything the community seems to agree on, it's anti-45. Can you point me toward the one who called you a 45-hater? I'd like to get a sense of it here.
09:55 AM - Jan 10, 2024
StDunstan
A
I blocked and muted her, however she is a busy poster, 14,000 plus in less than a year and wears glasses in her avatar image. I had a high school classmate who aced the IQ test, 200~ and spoke 7 languages at 15, do I have a right to feel that I have a noteworthy disability? 🙄
10:17 AM - Jan 10, 2024 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}