gdavidbrown
A
Perhaps, we could understand that the vast majority of "anti-state" posts are directed at the governments of those states? Very few are so dumb as to believe all of the people in a state are guilty of the crimes of their gov'ts.
Read aBannedBook @RetiredLibrarian
Remember, whenever you mock or blame a so called "red" state, someone here who lives there and who is working hard for change reads your spout. How about we find ways to lift people up instead?
10:46 AM - Jan 10, 2024
11:31 AM - Jan 10, 2024
Becky Cline
A
In response to gdavidbrown.
State-ism.
11:57 AM - Jan 10, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
In response to Becky Cline.
Yes! The next blunt instrument to be used to restrict speech. :-)
12:07 PM - Jan 10, 2024
Becky Cline
A
This has actually caused me to contemplate how much of my identity is tied up with the collective "we" of my state. I am not discounting the argument.
12:27 PM - Jan 10, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
-nods- Whenever I'm included in a seemingly positive "we" the initial good feeling almost always passes quickly followed by a "But". In a negative "we" first comes introspection, then decision.
12:53 PM - Jan 10, 2024
Becky Cline
A
When Trump was elected, my initial statement was that I sure hoped we knew what we had just done. As an individual I did not vote for him. As an Illinoisan, he did not get our vote. As a person who lives in the US, I was part of an overall collective "we".
01:11 PM - Jan 10, 2024
gdavidbrown
A
:-) Exactly how I felt and did.
01:13 PM - Jan 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}