Jeff Skrenes
A
thread 1/4
It's hard to believe that it's now ten years since my godson Luke passed away. Some days have been easier than others, but I've never stopped missing him. For those who have walked with me and supported me, and celebrated Luke's life with me, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
03:20 PM - Jan 10, 2024
Jeff Skrenes
A
thread 2/4
Today I'm reflecting on the connection between this photo and my profile picture. For those unaware, that photo and that moment transcend the political. Biden's dedication to public service in the face of similar losses has long been a personal inspiration for me, and almost two years ago,
03:23 PM - Jan 10, 2024
Jeff Skrenes
A
thread 3/4
I had the opportunity to express that to him directly. It meant more than I can ever say, and I'm not too bad at expressing myself.

That connection between those two moments, occurring near MLK Jr. Day, has stirred in me a desire to serve my community in new ways. I'll share specifics when I can.
03:25 PM - Jan 10, 2024
Jeff Skrenes
A
thread 4/4
For now, thank you to all who help support me and others through these kinds of losses, and who keep the memories of our loved ones alive.
03:25 PM - Jan 10, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}