Karen Elizabeth Carpenter
A
10:57 AM - Jan 11, 2024
Liz
A
In response to Karen Elizabeth Carpenter.
“Pretty!”; Exclaimed the midwestern woman, who is wintering in Florida ‼️😊
10:59 AM - Jan 11, 2024
A
In response to Liz.
I've been thinking about a place to winter, although here in coastal Massachusetts, we haven't had a real winter in a few years. Yesterday was nearly 60 after a weekend snow storm. 🤷‍♀️
11:03 AM - Jan 11, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
I've been thinking about a place to summer that's cooler than what my Blue Ridge Mountains home has become.
11:07 AM - Jan 11, 2024
A
Is it unbearably hot and humid there in the summer? Our summers in New England are quite humid, July is always a scorcher. My sister is in Lake Tahoe (NV side of the lake) and although the summer is short, it doesn't get humid and it always cools off at night. No AC needed in the house.
In response to Annie Bee Good.
11:09 AM - Jan 11, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
It has become so, and I say that as someone who lived in very hot & humid east Texas. Here I started out with no AC, then AC scattered throughout the summer, now AC on in May & off in October with the occasional mild/dry day.
11:51 AM - Jan 11, 2024
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
It's similar here in New England too. Not many days without the AC. I'm near the ocean so it's nice to get a day when the breeze keeps us cooler, but overall we have hotter summers, milder winters than we used to.
08:24 PM - Jan 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}