Christopher Bouzy
A
Few politicians are able to pull this off, and this is one of several reasons why I believe Rep. Jasmine Crockett could've defeated Ted Cruz.
08:31 AM - Jan 11, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I take your point... but I also believe her delivery, finger wagging, head bouncing and fluctuating tone, would hurt her w/a lot of the people she'd need to defeat, Cruz.

These traits have become unfairly and negatively associated w/blk women, when being woman and blk are hard enough in TX.
01:34 PM - Jan 11, 2024
MGM Freire
A
I hear/see your point, however, we can no longer "behave/conduct" ourselves based on other's perception of us. The "privileged" folk get to behave as they want, to no consequence (or perhaps deferred consequence ...talking about our GQP, Jan 6ers, etc.) Time to let our hair down and own our space.
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
04:20 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Carol Butler
A
In response to MGM Freire.
The stereotypes are there but the response is to speak the truths. Black women have saved this country over and over. I didn’t know that a decade ago but I do now. Let Black women be their full selves. I believe that’s the best way to respond to the biases/stereotypes. Despite all, believe in good.
11:55 PM - Jan 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}