Bowerydoll
A
Hey, Puck @Puckarama -- Remember when you were asking me about my Chahta culture??? Have you checked out Marvel's Echo show yet??? It totally centers Chahta language & culture!!!! I'm gonna binge this weekend & check it out♥️
Bowerydoll @Bowerydoll
I'm BUSTING AT THE SEAMS over the new Marvel show Echo. It's centered on Chahta (Choctaw) culture -- ESPECIALLY OUR LANGUAGE -- and I think that's BEYOND awesome and about damn time. Can't wait to see Alaqua Cox, Devery Jacobs, Zahn McClarnon, Graham Greene & Tantoo Cardinal!! STOODIS!!♥️
Marvel Studios' Echo | This Is Choctaw | Disney+ & Hulu - YouTube

"This is Choctaw."Go behind the scenes to see how working closely with Choctaw Nation helped bring Marvel Studios' Echo to life.All episodes of Marvel Studio...

03:29 PM - Jan 11, 2024
04:53 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Captain Renault
A
To be consistent with the comics, Maya needed to be a deaf Choctaw woman with a prosthetic leg who was brilliant at martial arts.

So... they managed to find her, exactly, with her previous appearance being her first on film. It's remarkable.
In response to Bowerydoll.
10:32 PM - Jan 11, 2024
Bowerydoll
A
In response to Captain Renault.
I think Alaqua Cox fits the bill perfectly -- even though she's Menominee. She was my favorite in Hawkeye and it's so awesome to see her centered in this new series. I'm Chahta (Choctaw) on my ishki's (mom's) side and it thrills me to no end to see Chahta culture & our language lifted up like this♥️
10:51 PM - Jan 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}