Danalibrariana
A
thread 1/7
How being tidy nearly just killed me - I was in the kitchen a few minutes ago and noticed the garbage was a bit smelly so I decided to take it to the outside trash can. Our trash can is past the garage, so probably 40 ft from our front door.
12:46 AM - Jan 11, 2024
Danalibrariana
A
thread 2/7
I get out to the can, put in the garbage, turn to go back in and there about 10 feet away was an adult bobcat in the driveway. I am in my robe and slippers, no mobile phone with me and Bob was in the shower so wouldn’t have heard me holler.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 3/7
We stood there staring at each other. Bobcats aren’t huge but big enough to hurt me if it lunged. I started to run through my options - run, fight, move slowly. I figured it’s a predator with a chase instinct so running would be dumb. It also didn’t seem to be in attack stance.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 4/7
I just needed to get behind the gate of the little courtyard near our front door. I decided to sidle along the garage door slowly, keeping an eye on and talking quietly to the bobcat more to keep myself calm than anything. The bobcat just kept staring at me curiously.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 5/7
I made it to the courtyard and slammed that gate behind me so fast! The bobcat moved along after I got inside. So, the moral of the story is tidiness is damn dangerous! Now, I need some chamomile tea to unwind if I have any hope of sleeping tonight.
12:46 AM - Jan 11, 2024 (Edited)
Danalibrariana
A
thread 6/7
Here’s a general pictiure of a bobcat in case folks haven’t seen one. They can get to be about 30 lbs.
Danalibrariana
A
thread 7/7
Now that I think about it, it's kind of comical that I was talking quietly to the bobcat like I would my own cat. "You're such a pretty cat. I'm not going to hurt you. Nice kitty!" 🤣
12:19 PM - Jan 11, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}