Barbara Edelman
A
thread 1/4
i was just in the shower, thinking the year ahead. trump’s 2016 “win” crushed me. i went from extreme anxiety to panic daily. i planned a move to uruguay that my husband wouldn’t consider. i tossed a couple of people out my life. then came covid & 3 family deaths (only 1 from covid) & coordinating
05:14 PM - Jan 13, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
thread 2/4
3 covid protocol funerals. then the full magatization of far too many americans. the j6. i can’t do this again. i’m 62 & cannot face that panic & anxiety for 4 more years. so i’m preparing myself mentally. i will shut down all my sm accounts. i will continue as a semi agoraphobe. i will not enter
05:18 PM - Jan 13, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
thread 3/4
stores again. if i can’t pick it up curbside or order it from amazon, i’ll do without it. i have a couple of projects going & will practice being laser focused. i stopped wearing my jewish star necklace in 2016. now i wear a silver mobius strip bangle on which is engraved a prayer which is
05:21 PM - Jan 13, 2024
Barbara Edelman
A
thread 4/4
roughly the jewish equivalent of the lord’s prayer. that will retire to my jewelry box & we’ll remove the mezuzahs from outer door frames. sorry if i sound insane, but if i have a plan, hopefully the blind panic won’t occur.
05:23 PM - Jan 13, 2024
Catherine Gramze
A
My plan, implemented years ago, includes over a 6 month supply of food.

I too have stopped wearing my Star of David necklace. My mezuzahs are still up, as they are hidden between the door and storm door.

Are you overreacting? Probably, but it is what you need to do to try to feel safe. Do it.
In response to Barbara Edelman.
05:58 PM - Jan 13, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}