Kylowna Moton
A
Do you have an account with ancestry.com or FamilySearch.org? What is your strongest motivation for working on a family tree and researching your family? #genealogyspoutible
04:15 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Michelle M
A
In response to Kylowna Moton.
I love history! I also have a fascination with the people who survived and allowed me to be here.
12:58 PM - Jan 24, 2024
Kylowna Moton
A
In response to Michelle M.
Same here. That survival part is no joke. When I see how young some ancestors were when they died…it’s quite a feat that the line kept going.
12:35 PM - Jan 25, 2024
Liza
A
My grandma, who graduated college after I was born, did a Family Tree for her thesis and I’m pretty sure she’s what sparked my curiosity. Or at least fed it. Being Puerto Rican also makes it interesting. I get to learn about all the different ethnicities, cultures that blended to make me… me.
03:28 PM - Jan 16, 2024
Kylowna Moton
A
In response to Liza.
Sounds fantastic. I wish my grandparents had done something similar. It IS fun to learn about people who are literally a part of yourself. It's a bit awe-some to consider.
03:19 PM - Jan 18, 2024
Bren
A
I can't afford Ancestry since I retired but I still get messages pertaining to DNA results and have found cousins I've never met. I started genealogy when my Dad was alive and we went to the library together. When he died I was too sad to continue for awhile.
05:47 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Bren
A
In response to Bren.
BTW thanks for mentioning Family Search I wasn't aware of that one. I'll be checking it out.
05:49 AM - Jan 14, 2024
Susan Wilt
A
In response to Bren.
Check if your local library offers Ancestry Library Edition and offers it as part of your library card. You log in to your account to work on your tree and matches. Close your account before logging out. 😀
06:54 AM - Jan 21, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}