Miriam
A
Texas State Representative Bryan Slaton has introduced a bill, H.B. 3569, that would put a referendum for Texas’ secession from the United States on the 2024 ballot. If passed, a committee would investigate the feasibility of independence and propose options to the legislature.
04:21 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Ben Durnell
A
In response to Miriam.
That would not go well for anyone, and I imagine the people in power are well aware. I suspect it's pure pandering for political points
05:24 PM - Mar 07, 2023
dmark
A
In response to Miriam.
Let ‘em go. Do you know what kind of hell hole Texass would be without US Military and DHS money?
People would be crossing the border INTO Mexico.
05:14 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Maggie S
A
In response to Miriam.
Take Florida with you.
05:12 PM - Mar 07, 2023
Iz Here
A
In response to Miriam.
We went through this: won the war, lost the future. The Confederacy's unconditional surrender was disingenuous, a ruse to get the north to pay for reconstruction. And for many of the those states, we're still paying. So maybe we shd let them go become the 3rd-world country they wish to be.
/1
08:57 AM - Mar 07, 2023 (Edited)
Iz Here
A
In response to Iz Here.
The ex-confederate states want a country to operate as a white Christian racist, misogynistic, homophobic anti-education anti-democracy. They have built the weakest economies & want to impose policies that will weaken them further. Maybe we should a just let them w/o them dragging us down too.
/2
09:03 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to Iz Here.
I understand the frustration and the reaction truly I do. But there's millions of Dems and minorities in Texas whose lives would be completely shattered if this ever worked. Which it won't. But even just the added fear of knowing this rhetoric is coming down the pipeline must be traumatic
09:03 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Jean Marie
B
In response to Miriam.
Bye Bye 👋
04:39 AM - Mar 07, 2023
✨Witchy Woman✨
A
In response to Miriam.
do it. let them. the best way to deal with conservatives is to give them exactly what they want. then they realize they were wrong when it all goes to shit.

give them exactly what they want and they will destroy themselves in under 5yrs.
04:35 AM - Mar 07, 2023
Miriam
A
In response to ✨Witchy Woman✨.
Understandable response but remember the millions of dems and marginalised groups that live in Texas too 😢
04:40 AM - Mar 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}