Yvette
A
thread 1/6
I have had a particularly emotionally challenging weekend. My husband was diagnosed with a stroke of the cerebellum. It’s a rare type of stroke that’s often mistaken for Vertigo due to balance issues, and dizziness. He’s been in the Stroke unit at the hospital since yesterday. Even the ER Physician
10:47 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Yvette
A
thread 2/6
Thought it was Vertigo, but did a CAT Scan because he has high BP and Type 2 diabetes. When the Doctor walked out I knew it was bad. I immediately thought, “Brain Tumor.” Luckily it wasn’t, but it was still a shock. He had had a stroke. Only 2-% of all strokes apparently occur in that part of the
Yvette
A
thread 3/6
brain. He’s 58. It’s mainly caused headache, dizziness and balance problems for the past month. They think the actual infarct happened 2 weeks ago, and he just kept saying he felt crappy and dizzy, but didn’t want to go to the ER because of Covid. When he finally told me to take him I knew it was
Yvette
A
thread 4/6
BAD. He’s a huge Dolphins 🐬 fan since he was a kid and we went to the hospital on the biggest playoff game in years! Anyway, I realize this could have been so much worse, but until they give him an echocardiogram and the Cardiologist talks with the Neurologist we don’t know exactly what’s happening
Yvette
A
thread 5/6
He’s probably going to have a “loop” inserted as long as he doesn’t need any stents in his heart. The loop will keep track of any arrhythmias in real time. It’s all quite overwhelming. They want him to get physical therapy for his balance. He’s a very sweet person, but he’s a TERRIBLE PATIENT.
Yvette
A
thread 6/6
I just hope he can make a complete recovery. Every prognosis I’ve been reading has been depressing. His friends have been very kind. They’re all very concerned about him. He’s much more social than I am! ☮️😳
Li Milla4
A
I'm so happy to read that you have the support of his friends. And the fact that you posted this makes you perfectly social!! You've invoked all the healing thoughts from everyone who reads your posts!!!

We are here for you. 💙🫂💙
In response to Yvette.
10:59 PM - Jan 14, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}