Just Frank
A
I'm going to have to go somewhere. No movement on power and it's down to 53.8F in the apartment. I wish I knew of inexpensive but ok motel. My best friend just called and will try to get me one.
Just Frank @JustFrank
I've never been without power for 20 hours in a city. There has been no updates since the first one. They haven't figured out a cause or tried. It's gonna be a chilly day. I'm wrapped up in so many layers. Hope the power comes on before bedtime. It was a long night yesterday. I know PGE is busy.
11:08 AM - Jan 14, 2024
02:09 PM - Jan 14, 2024 (Edited)
Fran Fuller
A
In response to Just Frank.
Do you have a tent, a nylon camping tent? If so, set it up, on your bed, in the living room, wherever it fits. Cover it with a blanket or two and climb inside. It will heat up with your body temperature, and it's cheaper than a motel.

Good luck!
02:14 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Just Frank
A
In response to Fran Fuller.
No I don't have a tent or I would be in it. Tried to make a blanket enclosure but that did not work. Thanks for the suggestion.
02:16 PM - Jan 14, 2024
Fran Fuller
A
A blanket fort is always a good idea, even when you're not freezing. I'm so sorry things are so hard for you right now.

The other thing we did was put tea lights in unglazed ceramic pots, the gardening kind, with tea lights in them. The pots heat up and radiate warmth. It's helps a bit.
11:12 AM - Jan 15, 2024
Just Frank
A
In response to Fran Fuller.
I'm very fortunate, my best friend paid for hotel room for three nights. I will think about getting a tent for next time. Thanks again for the suggestion of a tent.
11:29 AM - Jan 15, 2024 (Edited)
Fran Fuller
A
I'm glad you're safe and warm! That's what's important.
12:11 PM - Jan 15, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}