Heidi Hafeken
A
Having worked on too many M&A deals and seen salivating members of management, executive teams, etc., I'm gonna respectfully disagree. It didn't help to give them a lower taxed form of remuneration.
Brian Enochs @bhenochs
Quick comment on this - there’s an assumption here that if options weren’t part of management C&B packages, that management teams would be more sympathetic to the concerns of their workers. Having lived in that world for many years, I’d have to respectfully disagree.
04:11 PM - Jan 16, 2024
04:17 PM - Jan 16, 2024
Brian Enochs
A
We can agree to disagree. You’re referencing one single aspect of corporate reality - M&A. I’ve done plenty of deals as well and whether options / shares are included in Executive pay packages, staff will always be reduced in the wake of an acquisition.
In response to Heidi Hafeken.
04:21 PM - Jan 16, 2024
Brian Enochs
A
In response to Brian Enochs.
It s a reflection of the reality that redundancies always exist in the wake of an acquisition. Executives would arguably not be delivering on their fiduciary duties to shareholders if they chose not to recognize and eliminate those redundancies.
04:23 PM - Jan 16, 2024
Brian Enochs
A
In response to Brian Enochs.
The only time corporations prioritize the needs of the workforce is when talent is truly scarce. Otherwise, it’s easier to hire and train than aggressively invest in retention. With regard to salary levels, all companies adjust C&B structures to be equivalent to market averages.
04:26 PM - Jan 16, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}