MEAction NOW
A
thread 1/4
🔗to recording ⏺️ of the Senate health committee LongCovid hearing: 👇🏼

https://www.help.senate.go...
MEAction NOW @MEActNOW
you’ll be able to watch the #LongCovid Senate health committee hearing live via the link below 👇

10:00 AM Eastern Time - Today Jan 18, 2024

https://www.help.senate.go...
01:59 AM - Jan 18, 2024
02:26 PM - Jan 18, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
thread 2/4
More from SenMarkey: "Now we're seeing more and more people navigating both ME/CFS & Long COVID. They are fighting for recognition of both conditions..this is not going away. Meanwhile, research into these is sorely overdue & underfunded..this is unacceptable..'
05:23 PM - Jan 18, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
thread 3/4
Sen. Sanders: "We have a full house here today. There is a sense that something is going on that we are not addressing. We hear what you are experiencing, we take it seriously, we think as a Congress we have not done nearly enough to help turn that around."
05:24 PM - Jan 18, 2024
MEAction NOW
A
thread 4/4
🚨🚨 SENATOR MARKEY said “22-38% of people who get Covid will get Long Covid” and then he said PEOPLE really NEED to MASK 😷 “OR there’s a VERY HIGH PROBABILITY they will GET LONG COVID.”
#SenMarkey #SenateHearingLongCovid
07:32 PM - Jan 18, 2024
MonzaMayhem
A
Really appreciated the bipartisan support (it's so rare). I didn't appear to be partisan; more like interest was based on if they or someone they loved had LC. Cassidy and Marshall seemed to support funding, improving access to LC care, and faster treatments. Hope this means more $.
In response to MEAction NOW.
10:07 PM - Jan 18, 2024
MonzaMayhem
A
In response to MonzaMayhem.
Dr. Al-Aly's testimony was great. The only one to equate preventing Covid with preventing LC. Also, his acknowledgement of ME/CFS and the failure of not researching other post-infectious illnesses. I would love to see his vision funded.
10:10 PM - Jan 18, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}