Cynthia Williams
A
I predict that this hearing will not go well for Secretary Lloyd Austin just as it didn't for Dr. Claudine Gay. Lloyd gave the MAGA contingency an opening for proving that, as a Black man, he did something less than perfect for his job and should be booted. Biden can't give any cover on this.
Lola Gayle @LolaGayleC
NBC - Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin called to testify before Congress about hospitalization

The Republican-led House Armed Services Committee, which launched a formal inquiry into the matter this month, wants Austin to testify at a Feb. 14 hearing.
07:13 AM - Jan 19, 2024
07:51 AM - Jan 19, 2024 (Edited)
Reginald Capers
A
In response to Cynthia Williams.
I had a strong debate with my wife about this one. She was making all kinds of excuses for Lloyd and I told her as an executive there's no excuse that he didn't tell Biden, POTUS Chief of Staff, or his Chief of Staff.

I am of the belief that Biden will stick by him, based on the optics alone.
08:21 AM - Jan 19, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Reginald Capers.
Biden is known for being a very loyal person. But Biden also has a high regard for the following rules and even made it part of his 2020 election platform. Thisnisnprobably tough for Biden to watch Austin go through, but it is what it is.
09:17 AM - Jan 19, 2024
MuzykConnexUs
A
you're absolutely correct 💯
08:11 AM - Jan 19, 2024
Whoa!
A
Such a sad situation. I think he made a mistake in not telling the President, but I don't think it was a remove him from office level of mistake. This has been blown way out of proportion and yes, I know why. Just make me angry. I thought he was otherwise handling everything suberbly.
07:57 AM - Jan 19, 2024
Cynthia Williams
A
In response to Whoa!.
I think that Lloyd Austin went into an emotional tailspin when he learned he had prostate cancer. Most Black men don't survive this cancer for very long. It's unfortunate that his most senior executives didn't call Biden to tell him something was awry even if not given permission by Austin.
09:21 AM - Jan 19, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}