b in the pnw
A
In response to Spoutible Banned Book Club.
I enjoyed the small chapter format—it kept me wanting more.
02:21 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Pamela
A
I enjoyed her short chapter format. I was impressed that she was able to convey a complete story in so few pages. Each central character seemed fleshed out. I think her stories would provide great examples of brevity for a writing class.
#SBBC #MangoStreet
02:20 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Ruth Neese
A
The short chapters were different, but I had encountered similar structure in some science fiction. I was actually surprised by how quickly I finished the book—about 2 hours! #SBBC #MangoStreetTalkingPoint
07:37 PM - Jan 20, 2024
Pam McSt
A
I didn't mind it for this story, but I wouldn't want every book I read to be formatted this way. It probably fit well for this book. It was like looking through little windows into their lives or piecing snapshots together to get a sense of the people.
03:24 PM - Jan 20, 2024
AlbinatorB
A
I think this format works very well for what she's conveying, essentially a collection of childhood memories. My memories are like that, collection of small things, little scenes, not a long coherent narrative. So it feels natural and unforced and relatable. #SBBC
12:18 PM - Jan 20, 2024 (Edited)
Tracy I
A
In response to AlbinatorB.
Exactly!
04:40 PM - Jan 20, 2024
b in the pnw
A
In response to AlbinatorB.
Well said!
02:20 PM - Jan 21, 2024
Tracy I
A
Yes, I’ve been saying since I started trying to participate that I’ve had trouble reading lately and always read slowly anyway, so a short book where I don’t have to follow a plot from chapter to chapter was of course perfect!
12:33 AM - Jan 20, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}